Happy International Beer Day!
Here are some interesting facts about beer from Huffington Post and Forbes:
1. Brewing is believed to have started about 5,000 years ago.
2. The study of fermentation in brewing is called zymurgy.
3. Beer was first packaged in a 12-ounce aluminum can in 1959.
4. The oldest, still-operating brewery in the United States is the Yuengling brewery in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.
5. Snake Venom is the strongest beer in the world with an alcohol by volume content of 67.5 percent.
6. The fear of an empty beer glass is known as Cenosillicaphobia.
7. The Texas State Fair is famous for serving fried beer.
8. The top beer-producing countries are China and the U.S.
9. First American President George Washington loved beer and had his own special recipe.
10. The Czech Republic drinks the most beer of any nation in the world, followed by Austria and Germany