If your grill is packed up for the winter, how about using the tried and true cast-iron skillet on the stove top? You’ll stay warm and cozy inside while you cook a fantastic tasting steak. Here’s how:
Your steak should be close to room temperature before cooking. Set it out an hour or two prior to cooking.
- Pour a small amount of oil or butter into skillet. Heat it until crackling hot. Put steaks in hot skillet.
- Add salt and pepper or preferred dry rub to the top of your steak.
- Cook for about 20 minutes uncovered on medium for a medium-rare steak OR cook for about 10-15 minutes if you put a lid on it (covered will make less splatter in your kitchen)
- Turn 1-3 times while cooking. Add salt, pepper or dry rub after you turn steak the first time.
- Let the steak sit on cutting board for 10 minutes before serving.
- Add fresh herbs for garnish