Here are some NOT-so-serious stories we’ve seen about the coronavirus outbreak . . .
1. Some single people have started including their coronavirus antibody test results in their online dating profiles to help them improve their chances.
2. Do you have “skin hunger“? That’s a desire to be touched and have human contact . . . and apparently a lot of people are suffering from it during the pandemic.
3. A woman wore a large inflatable hippo suit so she could safely hug her mother at a nursing home in Virginia.
4. You probably heard that Chuck E. Cheese has been posing as “Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings” on food delivery apps to get in on the popularity of food delivery during the pandemic. Turns out Applebee’s is doing that too, posing as “Neighborhood Wings”.
5. American Airlines is doing 29-mile flights from Vail, Colorado to Aspen, Colorado . . . which is its shortest route since the ’90s. They’re doing it because part of the $50 billion airline bailout required airlines to keep serving every city they did before the pandemic.
6. Coronavirus-shaped hailstones fell in Mexico and are being called a “message from God to stay home.” But they’re actually a pretty common weather occurrence.
8. A news video covering the annual “Go Topless Jeep Weekend” party in southeast Texas is going viral. There’s not a single face mask in sight, and the cops say it’s “not possible” for them to enforce social distancing.
9. Swimming pool sales are way up since many public pools are going to be closed this summer.