Have You Ever Forgotten a Totally Basic Word?
By Richie on February 21, 2019
Are you ever in mid-conversation then suddenly forget a word? Well you’re not the only one.
People on Twitter are sharing the best basic word they’ve forgotten. It’s all inspired by a guy with a physics Ph.D. who says he forgot “photon,” which is a basic word in his line of work, so, quote, “I had to call it a ‘shiny crumb’ in front of my colleagues.”
Hello my name is Paul, I have a PhD in physics and thanks to a random brain freeze forgot the word for photon so had to call it a “shiny crumb” in front of my colleagues 😐
— Paul Coxon (@paulcoxon) February 18, 2019
Here are some of the best ones . . .
1. “[My friend] once forgot the word for what she wanted in a restaurant and tried to explain with ‘like a really REALLY wet salad.’ Soup. She wanted soup.”
2. “I forgot the word ‘banana’ . . . I said, ‘It comes in its own case, it’s yellow.'”
3. “My 17-year-old forgot the word ‘foal’ . . . and called it a ‘horse puppy’ instead.”
4. “Thanks to a random brain freeze I forgot my husband’s name when introducing him to the chairman of the company where I worked.”
5. “I’m a horticulturist . . . and I got my organisms and orgasms mixed up in front of a large group of 18-year-old boys.”