Starting March 14th, Santa Clara County will ban all gatherings of 100 people or more for at least 3 weeks. There are 36 new COVID-19 cases for a total of 79 in Santa Clara County.
The County Health Officer has also banned gatherings of 35 to 100 people unless certain conditions are met.
What are those conditions? They’re listed below:
If a gathering is necessary for essential societal functions, it is your responsibility to:
- Stop anyone who is sick with fever or respiratory symptoms from attending.
- Ensure that those who are at higher risk for serious illness do not attend.
- Provide people enough physical space so that they can stay more than arm’s length apart from others.
- Ensure that there are adequate supplies for hand washing including soap, paper towels, and waste receptacles and urge attendees to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used.
- Direct attendees to:
- Avoid close contact with other people.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue – if available – or into their elbow.
- Clean surfaces with disinfecting wipes or other standard cleaners before, during, and after the event.
Read more updates HERE.